Rental Information and FAQ
- Weekly rentals in summer months are from Saturday to Saturday.
- Nightly rentals and off-season rates may be available in the off-season. Off-season begins the Tuesday night after Labor Day weekend and runs until mid-June. Off-season rates will be about 20% off of the prime-season rates.
- Check in time is 4:00 p.m. NO EXCEPTIONS DURING PRIME SEASON.
- If checking in later than 5:00 p.m., you will be assessed an additional $25.00 flat fee to make arrangements to get the keys.
- Check out time is 10:00 a.m. NO EXCEPTIONS DURING PRIME SEASON.
- You will be assessed an additional $25.00 per hour that you remain on the property after this check out time.
- If necessary, linen and towel rentals are available upon request. Sheets are $10.00 per set and bath towels are $5.00 per set.
Crystal Mountain Resort homes
- Check in time is 4:00 p.m.
- Check out time is 11:00 a.m.
- There is a two-night minimum stay requirement year-round and a three-night minimum stay requirement during holidays. Weekly rentals are also available.
- Linens and towels are provided.
- We offer lodging only, so all other Crystal Mountain Resort amenities are offered on a pay-as-you-go basis. You must make arrangements through the resort to use these amenities.
Crystal Mountain Resort Season Rates:
- Off-season rates will be in effect for March 17, 2013 through June 13, 2013.
- Summer rates will begin June 14, 2013 through September 1, 2013.
- Off-season rates will be in effect for September 2, 2013 through December 12, 2013.
- Winter rates will start December 13, 2013 and end on December 25, 2013.
- Holiday rates will be in efffect December 26, 2013 through January 1, 2014. During this time, there will be a 3-night minimum stay requirement, instead of the standard 2-night.
- Winter rates will begin again on January 2, 2014 until February 12, 2014.
- Holiday rates for Presidents’ weekend will begin February 13, 2014 through February 16, 2014. During this time, there will be a 3-night minimum stay requirement, instead of the standard 2-night.
- Winter rates will be in effect February 17, 2014 through March 13, 2014.
- Off-Season rates will be in effect from March 14, 2014 through June 12, 2014.
Other Important Policies
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
- All rentals are subject to 6% sales tax, 2% room assessment and one-time additional cleaning fee. The room assessment goes towards promoting tourism to the Benzie County area.
- All units are non-smoking and do not allow pets unless you have prior approval from management. If either of these rules are violated, you will be asked to vacate the property without a refund.
- All units have a maximum number of occupants. If the maximum number of guests is exceeded, you will be asked to vacate the property without a refund.
- We require a 25% down payment at the time of booking, with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival. We accept Visa, MasterCard, or Discover, check, or money order.
- Unfortunately, we have had to instate a new policy in 2012. If your balance has not been paid 30 days prior to your arrival date, your reservation will be terminated and your deposit forfeited.
- In the event that you need to cancel your reservation, you will be required to pay a $100.00 cancellation fee. All *summer season cancellations after April 1st are subject to forfeiture of the entire deposit amount unless the property can be re-rented for the dates that you reserved; a refund will then be made less the $100.00 cancellation fee. Once the final payment has been made 30 days prior to arrival, your stay cannot be cancelled and the full rental rate for the entire stay will be forfeited. *Winter season cancellations after November 1st.
- Until confirmed, all rates are subject to change without notice.
- All rentals have fully-equipped kitchens.
- Telephone use is limited to local or credit card calls.
For watercraft or mooring system rental, contact Crystal Lake Marina at(231) 882-7058 OR MacDonald Marine at (231)352-7970.
For charter fishing, try Benzie Fishing Service at (231)510-2527.
For baby equipment rental, contact Sheri Novak in Traverse City. Her company Tiny Toes Travel rents, delivers, and sets-up all the baby equipment that you’ll need so your vacation can begin the moment you arrive in Northern Michigan. Visit her website at http://www.tinytoestravel.com or give her call at (231)714-2866.
For pet boarding, contact Crystal Ridge Kennels at (231)392-5497.
For other equipment rentals:
Crystal Adventures at (231)651-9648 provides snowmobiles, kayaks, canoes, and runs ATV guided trips. Crystal Lake Adventure Sports at (231)882-2527 rents kayaks, canoes, bicycles, paddleboards, surf boards, and skim boards. Riverside Canoe has kayaks, canoes, tubes, and rafts available for rent or a scheduled trip and can be reached at (231)352-5622.